Come Sign with Us!

Come Sign with Us!

Click here to see our class schedule!

Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Welcome to Sweet Signs!

My name is Rachel, and I am excited to open Sweet Signs and bring Baby Signing Time to the Mansfield community. This program has changed the lives of countless infants, toddlers, special needs children, and their families. It transforms the way we communicate with our children, and the way they communicate with us. 

Long before my daughter had a strong verbal vocabulary, she was able to effectively communicate her needs and wants using American Sign Language. When I saw that my baby was able to ask for specific foods, people, toys, and help without using any words, I was hooked and inspired.  As a two-year-old she used her signing vocabulary when her speaking words were hard to understand or when she felt like she was having trouble communicating. The tactile learning provided by signing helped her quickly remember her colors, her letters, her manners, and other developmental goals. As a three-year-old she used signs when she was singing or learning something new, and she still falls back on them when she is hurt or too overwhelmed to communicate her needs verbally.

When our son joined our family in the summer of 2015, I knew it was time to make my dream of being a Baby Signing Time Instructor a reality so I could share our journey and experience with others.

Lakeside Church of Christ in Mansfield and its preschool, Little Hearts School, have graciously opened their doors to us as the perfect location for our programs. I am also excited to join their staff as the Little Hearts School Music teacher.

Consider joining our Sweet Signs family. Our classes will be energetic and educational - full of laughter, learning, and love. Come sign with us!

SaveSave
SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment